Do colleges like camp counselors?
As you can read, we’re pretty neutral on how a position as a camp counselor might play out for your college applications. Ultimately, we think that colleges agree with us that: it’s better than nothing, but not better than some things.
How do I become an overnight camp counselor?
- 10 WAYS TO BE A GREAT CAMP COUNSELOR.
- Make sure each camper in your group gets your attention.
- Bring the group together through icebreakers, conversation and team-building.
- Don’t discount others’ feelings or concerns.
- If a camper seems disconnected, engage them.
- Always have an alternative to the special snack.
What should overnight camp counselors bring?
Camp Counselor Packing List Essentials (The obvious things)
- T-shirts – At least 10 – remember that for the majority of the time, you will be wearing your camp staff t-shirts.
- Sweatshirts – Yes camp is going to be warm, but for the times that it will get cold, you are definitely going to need a sweatshirt.
Do colleges care about camps?
How you spend your summer vacation isn’t just fodder for first-day-back-in-school essays. It could provide a boost on college or job applications—especially if you went to camp. Colleges have been getting more selective in recent years.
How do you put a camp counselor on the Common App?
Positions held, honors won, or letters earned For example, if you work as a camp counselor, that’s your role. Put “Camp counselor” here. If you were the Editorial Page Editor for the school newspaper, that’s a title–put that here.
Is being a camp counselor worth it?
Being a summer camp counselor is one of the best jobs you’ll ever have. You’ll work your butt off every single day, but the rewards are always worth it.
Can introverts be camp counselors?
Introverted counselors will be more comfortable working with smaller groups of campers and counselors. They will need to schedule more “down time,” away from others, to refresh themselves.
What you need as a camp counselor?
10 Must-Have Items for Summer Camp Counselors
- An Amazon Prime Membership. Hear me out on this one.
- Galoshes – Rainboots – Wellies, Whatever You Call Them.
- Some Kid-Friendly DVDs.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Laundry Bag with Straps and Mesh Laundry Bags.
- Extra Socks and Underwear.
- Your Own Hot/Cold Cup.
How do you pack for summer camp?
What to Pack for Overnight Camp
- Reusable water bottle.
- Multiple bathing suits & sunscreen.
- Towels (Shower & beach)
- Multiple sets of socks and undergarments.
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, shampoo, etc.)
Is 30 too old to be a camp counselor?
4 summers as Camp dirctor. There is no official upper age. however many camps require counselors and other positions that deal directly with children be a minimum 18 as many states require a two adult minimum. The American Camping Association requires that counselors be a specific number of years older than campers.