How do I apply for California State disability?
To file your claim online, follow these steps:
- Log in to your BPO account.
- Select SDI Online.
- Select New Claim.
- Select Disability Insurance and follow the steps in each section.
- Submit the completed Part A – Claimant’s Statement.
- Save your receipt number. You must provide this number to your physician/practitioner.
Is CA disability the same as SDI?
Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave Benefits The California State Disability Insurance (SDI) program provides short-term Disability Insurance (DI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) wage replacement benefits to eligible workers who need time off work.
How long does it take for SDI to be approved?
It typically takes SDI 14 days to process an application, so you usually start getting your benefit payments two weeks after you file your claim. Note: There is no waiting period for Paid Family Leave (PFL).
Where do I get a de 2501 form?
You can get a paper Claim for Disability Insurance (DI) Benefits (DE 2501) form by:
- Ordering a form online to have it mailed to you.
- Getting the form from your physician/practitioner or employer.
- Visiting an SDI Office.
- Calling 1-800-480-3287 to request a paper form by mail.
How long does it take to get approved for disability in California?
Once we receive your completed claim application, we will determine your eligibility. You can expect this process to take up to 14 days. Note: Processing time may vary depending upon the claim. If your claim is incomplete or requires additional information, confirming eligibility can be delayed.
Does SDI have a waiting period?
Every claim for SDI has a seven-day, unpaid waiting period. Most benefits are issued within two weeks after a properly completed claim is received.