How do I fix SearchIndexer EXE?
How to fix Searchindexer.exe high CPU usage in Windows?
- Solution 1. Run Search and Indexing troubleshooter.
- Solution 2. Restart the service.
- Solution 3. Rebuilt the index.
- Solution 4.
- Solution 5.
- Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you.
- Recover your lost files quickly.
Why is Microsoft Windows search indexer always running?
What Is SearchIndexer.exe? And Microsoft windows search indexer high CPU usage, Mostly occur if you have recently rebuild the search index, or accidentally deleted the index data folder. Again sometimes corrupted system files, Virus malware infection also causes this problem.
What does Microsoft Windows search indexer do?
SearchIndexer.exe is the Windows service that handles indexing of your files for Windows Search, which fuels the file search engine built into Windows that powers everything from the Start Menu search box to Windows Explorer, and even the Libraries feature.
How do I fix corrupted files in Windows 10?
How can I fix corrupted files in Windows 10 & 11?
- Use the SFC tool. 1.1 Run System File Checker.
- Use the DISM tool.
- Run a SFC scan from Safe Mode.
- Perform a SFC scan before Windows 10 starts.
- Replace the files manually.
- Use the System Restore feature.
- Reset corrupted Windows 10.
How can I recover corrupted files for free?
Top 10 Free File Repair Tools (Online) for Windows 10/11
- OnlineFile. Repair.
- online.officerecovery.com. You can also try this free online file repair software to repair corrupted files.
- MiniTool Video Repair.
- Wondershare Repairit.
- Stellar File Repair Toolkit.
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Repair Toolbox.
Can I stop Microsoft Windows Search indexer?
All you should need to do is click the Start button, type Services in the search field, and click the Enter key. Scroll down and right-click on Windows Search and choose Properties. Change the Startup type to Disabled which will stop it from running when you reboot your machine.
What causes corrupt files in Windows 10?
File corruption usually happens when there is an issue during the ‘save’ process. If your computer crashes the file being saved will likely be corrupted. Another cause might be damaged sections of your hard drive or storage media that might have viruses and malware.