How do I migrate a TFS database?
The process is fairly simple:
- Ensure that the target server has the same or newer SQL Server version than the source environment.
- Ensure that you have exactly the same version of TFS in both environments.
- In your source server:
- Copy the SQL backup to your target SQL Server.
- In your target server:
Is Azure DevOps same as TFS?
With Azure DevOps Server 2019, Microsoft is renaming Visual Studio Team Foundation Server to Azure DevOps Server. For more information on this change, see Introducing Azure DevOps Server. This new release brings many of the newest features from the cloud-hosted Azure DevOps Services into the on-premises server product.
How do I migrate from TFS to Azure?
Create the migration files by using the Team Foundation Server migration tool.
- Step 1: Create an Azure Storage account.
- Step 2: Upgrade Team Foundation Server.
- Step 3: Validate the Team Foundation Server collection.
- Step 4: Build the migration files.
- Step 5: Migrate to Azure DevOps Services.
How do I transfer a TFS database to another server 2010?
Moving TFS Configuration Database
- Stop IIS on TFS Server.
- Stop TFS Job Agent Service.
- Detach the Tfs_Configuration Database.
- Attach the Tfs_Configuration to the New SQL Server Instance.
- Prepare New SQL for TFS Instance.
- Register New SQL for TFS Instance.
- Reapply Service Account.
- Start the TFS Job Agent Service.
What is TFS tool?
Team Foundation Server (TFS) is an ALM product from Microsoft which provides the capabilities for an end-to-end development and testing using Work Item Management, Project Planning (Waterfall or Scrum), Version Control, Build/Release (Deploy) and Testing capabilities.
How do you move items between team projects?
- Create new query to select your work items Create and save managed queries with the query editor:
- Select all work items in the query result and select move:
- Select your new team project:
- Save all work items:
How do I change the TFS server in Visual Studio 2017?
Visual Studio 2017
- Select the Manage Connections button in Team Explorer to open the Connect page. Choose the Connect to Team Project link to select a project to connect to.
- Select Add Server to connect to a project in Team Foundation Server.
- Select a project from the list and select Connect.