How do I renew my Texas nurse aide certificate?
You can seek reinstatement by contacting the Texas CNA registry within 24 months of expiration.
- Four Statuses of Certification.
- Check Certification Status.
- Determine Your Eligibility.
- Complete Criminal History Check.
- Submit Request to Retest Form.
- Examination and Re-Certification.
Where do I send my CNA renewal form in Texas?
Form must be mailed to: Texas Nurse Aide Registry, P.O. Box 149030, MC E-414, Austin, TX 78714-9030. Faxes and copies will not be processed. To verify your Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) number, please call 1-800-452-3934.
Does Texas have a grace period for expired CNA license?
Governor Greg Abbott has waived certain regulations from the Texas Board of Nursing regarding licensing renewal and subsequent fees for nurses in Texas. The Governor’s waiver authorizes a six-month grace period for nurses with expired licenses.
Who do I call to renew my CNA license in Texas?
Verify your employment with the Nurse Aide Registry to maintain your registration. Submit an Employment Verification Form, available from the Texas Nurse Aide Registry (see Resources below). You can also obtain the form from the registry by calling 512-438-2050.
How do I check if my CNA is active in Texas?
If there comes a time when you need to check your CNA status in Texas, go to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission website and navigate as follows: Doing Business With HHS, Licensing Credentialing & Regulation, Credentialing, Nurse Aide Registry.
How do I get my CNA license in Texas?
How Do I Become a CNA in Texas?
- Enroll in a state-approved nurse aide training and competency evaluation program (NATCE)
- Complete your CNA classes and clinical training.
- Pass the nurse aide competency exam.
- Begin gaining valuable experience.
- Keep your certification current.
What do I do if my CNA certification expires?
If your certified nursing assistant license has expired and you are outside of the grace period, you must contact your state department of health or board of nursing and request an application for a new license.