How do I run HyperTerminal on Windows XP?
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications.
- In the Communications folder, select HyperTerminal. If you do not see HyperTerminal, it may not be installed.
Does Windows XP have Command Prompt?
Open Command Prompt in Windows 7, Vista, or XP In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, it’s a bit faster to enter command in the search box at the bottom of the Start menu and then choose Command Prompt when it appears in the results. Go to All Programs > Accessories. Choose Command Prompt from the list of programs.
How do I test a serial port with HyperTerminal?
- Open HyperTerminal by going to start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> HyperTerminal.
- Create a connection name and click OK.
- Click the drop down next to “Connect using:” and select the appropriate com port, click OK.
How do I open a HyperTerminal file?
By default it is saved into the “HyperTerminal Connections” folder in your start menu under Start->All Programs->HyperTerminal Private Edition->HyperTerminal Connections. You can also open your session files by clicking File->Open in HyperTerminal and selecting the file you want to open.
Where is HyperTerminal?
Developed by Hilgraeve from a more comprehensive communications program called HyperAccess, HyperTerminal has features similar to the Linux program, Minicom. In Windows XP, IT can locate HyperTerminal in the Start menu: Start–>Programs–>Accessories–>Communications–>HyperTerminal.
How do I open the Run command in Windows XP?
- Press the Windows logo key, if you have one. It’s usually on the top or bottom row of the keyboard; it opens the Start menu.
- Press the letter R key. That’s the underlined letter for the Run command, whose dialog box now opens.
- Type the program file’s name in the Open box.
- Press Enter.
How do I boot to Command Prompt in Windows XP?
What is the boot command for Windows XP? To boot XP FROM the Command Prompt, type “Type “shutdown -r” without quotes. To boot XP TO the command Prompt, repeatedly press ‘F8’ to load the ‘Advanced Settings’ menu.
How do I know if HyperTerminal is working?
Loopback Testing Asynchronous Ports with HyperTerminal Under Microsoft Windows
- Choose Start > Accessories > Communications > Hyperterminal.
- Type in a name, and choose an icon.
- In the Connect using drop down box, choose the com port you wish to test.
- Choose the defaults for all port properties.