How do I translate audio to text on a Mac?
On your Mac, open System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, select Dictation and Speech.
- In the Dictation and Speech window, select the option to turn dictation on, and make sure to select the appropriate microphone input.
Can MacBook do voice to text?
Mac Laptops and Desktops have an in-built tool called Dictation that allows you to write up documents with your voice. Its key feature is: You can generate text from your voice easily on a Mac laptop or Desktop. When you switch this feature, you can speak out your written notes and convert them into a document.
How do I transcribe voice memos on Mac?
By default, you press fn fn twice and if you have a quality web cam, or other microphone attached your Mac mini, you can speak, and Dictation will transcribe it into the current Pages document. When you first launch Dictation, say, “Show commands” and it will pop a scrollable window of voice commands you can use.
How do I transcribe audio to text on Apple?
Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- To enter text, tap the microphone button on your keyboard, then start speaking.
- If dictation isn’t sure what word it heard, you’ll see a blue line under the transcribed word so you can check it for accuracy.
Can Apple voice memos be transcribed?
The Rev Voice Recorder, SpeakWrite and TranscribeMe for iOS and Android are among the free apps that can do this, but you need to pay for the transcription; fees typically range from about 79 cents to $1 per minute of audio.
How do I transcribe a voice memo to text?
Transcribe iPhone Voice Memos Online
- Download your Voice Memo from the “Voice Memos” iPhone App. Click the voice memo you want to transcribe, and then click the three dots at to the bottom left.
- Upload the file to Rev.com.
- Checkout and Rev will complete your order.
How do I translate audio to text?
How to Convert Audio Files to Text in Google Docs
- Open Google Docs and select the “Tools” menu.
- Click “Voice typing.”
- Play the audio file. Make sure there are no background noises.
- Google Docs will type the dictated text into a new document.
Does Apple have a transcribing app?
Otter brings artificial intelligence to the human voice. It’s an automatic transcription app: Whether you’re recording a voice note, a lecture, a business meeting, or a video conference, the app listens to what’s being said and automatically turns it into onscreen, searchable text.