How do you find the last element of an array?
1) Using the array length property The length property returns the number of elements in an array. Subtracting 1 from the length of an array gives the index of the last element of an array using which the last element can be accessed.
How do you print the last element of a list in C?
If you want to print the last element of an array in C….Let’s see an example:
- In this program firstly take the array variable.
- the second step is to calculate the size of the array using sizeof the operator. size = sizeof(arr)/sizeof(int);
- then, the last step to print the arr [size – 1].
What is the last index of an array?
LastIndexOf(Array, Object, Int32, Int32) Searches for the specified object and returns the index of the last occurrence within the range of elements in the one-dimensional Array that contains the specified number of elements and ends at the specified index.
How do you index the first and last item in a given array?
How will you change the last element of an array?
How do you access the last element of a list?
To get the last element of the list in Python, use the list[-1] syntax. The list[-n] syntax gets the nth-to-last element. So list[-1] gets the last element, list[-2] gets the second to last. The list[-1] is the most preferable, shortest, and Pythonic way to get the last element.
How do you get the last value in a list or a tuple?
how do you access the last element of the tuple: A=(0,1,2,3) :
- +3. Use negative indexing A=(1,2,3) Print (A[-1]) Output 3 It will return last element Print(A[-2]) Output 2 It will return second last element of tuple.
- +5. A[-1]
How do you use last index?
Definition and Usage The lastIndexOf() method returns the index (position) of the last occurrence of a specified value in a string. The lastIndexOf() method searches the string from the end to the beginning. The lastIndexOf() method returns the index from the beginning (position 0).
How do you return the last element in an array C++?
C++ Array Library – back() Function The C++ function std::array::back() Returns a reference to the last element of the array container. This method returns last array element itself, calling this method on empty array container will cause undefined behavior.
How do you splice the last element of an array?
To remove the last n elements from an array, use arr. splice(-n) (note the “p” in “splice”). The return value will be a new array containing the removed elements.
Which of the following will return the last element of a list L with 5 elements *?
Any element in list can be accessed using zero based index. If index is a negative number, count of index starts from end. As we want last element in list, use -1 as index.
How do you remove the last element from a list?
You can use list. pop() method to remove the last element from the list. pop will raise index error if the list is empty.