How do you support an ESL student in the classroom?
How can I support ELLs in my classroom?
- Provide a welcoming classroom environment.
- Know and include the student.
- Modify your speech.
- Provide opportunities for interaction.
- Support literacy development.
- Reading Instruction.
- Development of Writing Skills.
- Support ELLS in the content areas: Math, Social Studies, Science.
What are the resources you use in your classroom for teaching English language effectively?
General English teaching resources
- Kahoot! Fun games that help build the language and skills young learners need at Pre-A1, A1 and A2 levels.
- Learning English.
- Write & Improve.
- Resources from Cambridge University Press.
- Webinars for teachers.
- Facebook for teachers.
- Cambridge English on YouTube.
How do you make ESL students feel comfortable in the classroom?
How to Make English Language Learners Feel Welcome in the Classroom
- Smile. The best and easiest way to make students feel welcome is just to smile.
- Ask Questions.
- Avoid Assumptions.
- Celebrate Their Diversity.
- Learn Their Names.
- Allow Open Dialogue.
- Listen for Negative Self-Talk.
- Recognize You May Have to Change.
How can I make ESL lessons more interesting?
Teaching Strategies to Make Your Class More Fun
- Incorporate Mystery Into Your Lessons.
- Don’t Repeat Classroom Material.
- Create Classroom Games.
- Give Your Students Choices.
- Use Technology.
- Don’t Take Teaching so Seriously.
- Make Your Lessons Interactive.
- Relate Material to Your Students’ Lives.
What components are essential in an effective ESL lesson plan?
1) Clear Objective. Having a clear objective is the most important element to consider when developing an ESL lesson plan.