How much do you get paid to fix a wind turbine?
The median annual wage for wind turbine technicians was $56,230 in May 2020. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $40,490, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $83,580.
Is being a wind turbine technician worth it?
Along with the technical aspect of working on turbines, from the hydraulics to the composites, the profession also offered good pay and benefits, as well as the ability to travel. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 68.2 percent employment growth for wind turbine technicians between 2020 and 2030.
What is the best wind company to work for?
Top companies for Wind Turbine Technicians in United States
- Vestas. 3.3 $42.90per hour. 821 reviews6 salaries reported.
- Sentry Electrical Group, Inc. 3.5 $37.05per hour.
- Oglethorpe Power Corporation. 4.6 $30.66per hour.
- Pattern Energy Group. 3.1 $30.42per hour.
- RWE. 4.0 $27.69per hour.
- Show more companies.
Is wind turbine technician stressful?
Or a wind turbine technician? Both are listed as jobs with below-average stress levels, according to U.S. News and World Report. Balance demands of the workplace with your personal life.
What benefits do wind turbine technicians get?
Wind turbine technicians who work full time usually receive benefits. Typical benefits include sick leave, paid vacation, and health insurance. Self-employed technicians must provide their own insurance.
How long does it take to become a wind turbine technician?
The programme is a four-year apprenticeship scheme to train technicians for the power, renewables, utility and heavy industry sectors.
Are wind turbine techs happy?
Are wind turbine services technicians happy with their salary? Wind turbine services technicians rated their satisfaction with their salaries 3.8/5. The majority of wind turbine services technicians are quite happy with their salaries, with very few having complaints about their income level.
What qualifications do I need to become a wind turbine technician?
- the ability to use, repair and maintain tools and equipment.
- knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- problem-solving skills.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- the ability to repair machines or systems.
- knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software.
- knowledge of maths.
How do I train to be a wind turbine technician?
Follow the steps below to learn how to become a wind turbine technician:
- Consider a City and Guilds course.
- Obtain a qualification in a related engineering subject.
- Find an apprenticeship.
- Find a job opportunity as a wind turbine technician and build experience.
How many hours a week do wind turbine technicians work?
Usually work a 40-hour week. May be on call to handle emergencies during evenings and weekends. Often must travel to rural areas.
What do offshore wind turbine technicians do?
Wind technicians install, inspect, maintain, operate and repair wind turbines.
What qualifications do I need to work on wind turbines?
What skills are essential for wind turbine technicians?
- good engineering and mechanical skills.
- comfortable with heights.
- fit and strong.
- computer literacy and IT skills.
- good hand-eye coordination.
- deep understanding of wind turbine components and their operation.
- competency in handling wind turbine equipment.