Is geocaching a merit badge?
Requirements for the Geocaching merit badge: Do the following: Explain to your counselor the most likely hazards you may encounter while participating in geocaching activities and what you should do to anticipate, help prevent, mitigate, and respond to these hazards.
What are the requirements for geocaching merit badge?
Geocaching Merit Badge Requirements
- Why you should never bury a cache.
- How to use proper geocaching etiquette when hiding or seeking a cache, and how to properly hide, post, maintain and dismantle a geocache.
- The principles of Leave No Trace as they apply to geocache.
Why should you never bury a geocache?
Never bury a geocache or place it in thick brush that others will have to clear. In urban environments, you should carefully consider placement of the cache. You don’t want to put your cache in a place that could cause a panic.
What are the geocaching rules about hiding caches?
Do not damage, deface, or destroy public or private property, especially archaeological or historical sites, when you place your cache. Do not place caches in a location that requires or encourages geocachers to damage, deface, or destroy public or private property, especially archaeological or historical sites.
What is the energy merit badge?
Show you understand energy forms and conversions by doing the following: Explain how THREE of the following devices use energy, and explain their energy conversions: toaster, greenhouse, lightbulb, bow drill, cell phone, nuclear reactor, sweat lodge.
What is a cache to Eagle?
The Cache to Eagle Program The Cache to Eagle program consists of dozens of public geocaches that are posted on geocaching.com. These are normal public caches set up at the sites of nice Eagle projects that also offer good cache spots.
How do you create a Geohunt?
- Make a Plan. WHO is the game for:
- Get Permission. Permission from property owners.
- Set Up the Game. Create cache containers.
- Have Clear Rules and Objectives. Go over safety rules before starting.
- Play the Game!
- Debrief the Activity. Evaluate with participants – what advice did they give you:
- Clean Up.
What are some hazards of geocaching?
Discuss first aid and prevention for the types of injuries or illnesses that could occur while participating in geocaching activities, including cuts, scrapes, snakebite, insect stings, tick bites, exposure to poisonous plants, heat and cold reactions (sunburn, heatstroke, heat exhaustion, hypothermia), and dehydration …
What are the requirements for the hiking merit badge?
What Are The Hiking Merit Badge Requirements?
- One 5-mile hike.
- Three 10-mile hikes.
- One 15-mile hike. You may stop for as many short rest periods as needed, as well as one meal, during each hike, but not for an extended period (example: overnight).
What is the Indian Lore merit badge?
Requirements for the Indian Lore merit badge: Identify the different American Indian cultural areas. Explain what makes them each unique. Give the history of one American Indian tribe, group, or nation that lives or has lived near you.
What is a Muggle in geocaching?
The word muggle was adopted from the Harry Potter series of books, used to describe someone as non-magical. In geocaching, it is used to refer to someone who does not geocache.