Is Google Finance API still available?
To reiterate, the Google Finance API is no longer supported by Google so it’s undocumented and unreliable. Therefore, this API is best for private toy applications. Public resources, such as RapidAPI, are a good place to learn about well maintained and available APIs.
How do I get Google Finance data?
Use the GOOGLEFINANCE function
- In Sheets, open a spreadsheet.
- In an empty cell, type =GOOGLEFINANCE.
- In parenthesis, add any of the following, separated by a comma: A ticker symbol in quotation marks. (Optional) The attribute you want to show, such as price, in quotation marks.
- Press Enter.
Is Google Finance deprecated?
GOOGLEFINANCE Google Finance is deprecated in 2012. However, it doesn’t shut down all the features. There’s a feature in Google Sheets that support you get stock marketing data. And it’s called GOOGLEFINANCE in Google Sheets.
Why was the GOOGLEFINANCE API shut down?
Google finance was based on the portfolio feature. Google declined to support that portfolio feature in the middle of November. That is why Google finance is not proceeding anymore. No other reason has been found for the shut down of Google finance.
What is Google Finance API?
What is Google Finance API? Google Finance API was a tool which allowed us to extract data about stocks and financial assets from Google Finance. The API is now integrated with Google Sheets. Thus, we can’t retrieve Google Finance data via code.
Why was the Google Finance API shut down?
Does GOOGLEFINANCE support NSE?
Using Google Finance, search for the ticker symbols of the companies whose stock data you want to pull. Input these values with the exchange symbol “NSE” and a colon “:” before companies from NSE, and “BOM” and a colon “:” before companies from BSE.
How do I find my Google Spreadsheet API key?
How do I generate an API key for the google spreadsheet widget?
- Agree to the Terms of Service. Select Yes, and then Agree and continue.
- Click Go to credentials.
- In the My Project Window, click on Credentials in the side menu, and then from the Create Credentials dropdown, select API Key.