What can I add to brown rice for flavor?
How to Season Brown Rice:
- Add in Garlic salt (This is our all time favorite!)
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
What herbs and spices can you add to rice?
Garlic powder also delivers a delightful umami note, according to Bon Appetit. If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character.
Why does brown rice not taste good?
However, consumption of brown rice is still low, despite its nutritional value, because it takes a longer time to cook than white rice and many people do not enjoy its taste and texture. Moreover, once the husk is removed from rice, the bran starts going rancid, leading to a bitter taste.
How can I make brown rice taste better without salt?
5 Ways to Add Flavor Without Adding More Salt
- Stir in herbs and spices.
- Add a splash of vinegar.
- Squeeze or zest citrus.
- Sprinkle in some cheese.
- Add aromatics like garlic, onions, and shallots.
How do you add spice to rice?
Try adding almond, parsley, garlic powder, and black pepper for a simple brown rice pilaf dish, courtesy of the USDA’s ChooseMyPlate.gov. For a delicious flavored rice in the rice cooker, try blending herbs in a food processor with the water or broth, then adding this mixture to the rice and letting it cook.
What can you add to rice to spice it up?
- Salt. Salt helps enhance and intensify the flavor of each ingredient.
- Dried herbs and veggies.
- Butter makes it better.
- Dried fruit, nuts, seeds.
- Fresh herbs and veggies.
- Salt it again!