What do you say for a fallen soldier?
“The legacy of heroes — the memory of a great name, and the inheritance of a great example.” “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” “May we never forget our fallen comrades.
What do you say at remembrance?
The Exhortation is recited: They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.
How do you honor a fallen soldier?
10 Ways to Honor the Fallen Outdoors and at Home on Memorial Day…
- Take a Walk Through Your Local Veterans Cemetery.
- Brush Up on Your Memorial Day Knowledge.
- Participate in a Virtual Memorial Day Walk or Running Race.
- Learn About Gold Star Families.
- Investigate Your Family’s Military History.
What do soldiers say when someone dies?
I’m remembering [name] today and always. Please let me know how I can honor [name of deceased] today, too. When you’re ready, I’d love to share my favorite memory of [name of deceased] with you. [Name of deceased] will always have a place in our hearts, and their memory will never fade.
How do you honor a dead soldier?
10 Ways to Honor Our Fallen Heroes This Memorial Day
- Pause for a moment of silence at 3 PM your local time for the National Moment of Remembrance.
- Show your patriotism by flying your American flag.
- Visit a military cemetery or war memorial.
- Watch the National Memorial Day Concert on PBS.
What can I say instead of in loving memory?
Here are some creative and meaningful ways you can say “in loving memory” to honor the people who gave you life.
- “Our Dad will be in our hearts forever.”
- “Remembering my mom who asked for so little but gave so very much.”
- “Dad, thank you for your everlasting love.”
How do you write a Remembrance message?
There are some very simple ways to say that you understand:
- “This must be a difficult time for you”
- “I’m sure your heart is aching.”
- “My heart goes out to you and your family during this time.”
- “I know that words are inadequate at a time like this, but I wanted you to know how very sorry my family is for your loss!”
Why do we remember the fallen soldiers?
They are reminders of those who died while fighting for peace: we wear them as reminders of the horrors of conflict and the preciousness of the peace they fought hard to achieve.
What is the meaning of lest we forget?
it should not be forgotten
Borrowed from a line in a well-known poem written in the 19th century, the phrase ‘lest we forget’ means ‘it should not be forgotten’. We say or write ‘lest we forget’ in commemorations to remember always the service and sacrifice of people who have served in wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations.