What movies have good monologues?
Here are some of the best movie monologues.
- American Psycho – “Morning Routine”
- Queen & Slim- “What Do You Want?”
- Star Wars Episode V – “I Am Your Father”
- Whiplash – “Break Up”
- It’s A Wonderful Life – “Lasso the Moon”
- The Big Lebowski – “I’m the Dude”
- Training Day- “King Kong”
- Rudy – Fortune’s Truth.
Can monologues be from movies?
We generally encourage actors to use theatre monologues for auditions, but there have been some mighty fine monologues from the big screen over the years that are definitely worth a look. There is a stigma around auditioning using a movie monologue, and so often it isn’t done.
Do any Disney movies have cuss words?
While Disney would never include any curse words in their moves, they’ve included a few utterly hilarious substitutes to circumvent the issue. That being said, Disney has always been very clever in the writing department and have a history of working their way around certain restrictions.
What Disney movies have allusions?
The Disney movie “Pocahontas” alludes to Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” where Captain John Smith plays the role of the shipwrecked sailor, who in the movie is captured rather than shipwrecked. Pocahontas’ and Smith’s love mirrors the love story that takes place in “The Tempest” between Miranda and Ferdinand.
Which Disney character has no lines in a movie?
Dumbo is the first and only protagonist in a Disney animated feature film to have no spoken dialogue. This was Walt Disney’s favorite film made by his studio. In addition to the American setting, this is the first Disney animated feature film to be set in the present time of its release: 1941.
What shows have monologues?
The 15 Best Monologues in TV History
- 15 “America is Not the Greatest Country” – The Newsroom.
- 14 Alicia Breaks Down – The Good Wife.
- 13 “Bros Before Hoes” – The Office.
- 12 Ophelia Brushes Annalise’s Hair – How to Get Away With Murder.
- 11 “Clear Eyes, Full Heart” – Friday Night Lights.
- 10 “Risk” – Star Trek.
What is the greatest monologue of all time?
Here are the 20 Greatest Monologues in Movie History:
- 8 Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.
- 7 Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream.
- 6 Tom Wilkinson in Michael Clayton.
- 5 Meryl Streep in Sophie’s Choice.
- 4 Mo’Nique in Precious.
- 3 Samuel L.
- 2 Viola Davis in Doubt.
- 1 Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird.