What pairs well with a salad?
7 Quick Toppings That Turn Salad into Dinner
- Beans or Lentils. We had a very basic salad two nights ago — baby red-leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes, chives, and some canned white beans — and the beans made all the difference.
- Leftover Rice or Grains.
- A Hard- or Soft-Boiled Egg.
- Leftover Pasta.
What protein goes with salad?
How to Add Protein to a Salad
- Chicken. Cooked chicken is arguably the most popular way to add protein to a salad.
- Boiled Eggs.
- Sliced Turkey.
- Crab Meat.
- Canned Tuna.
How do you make a salad less boring?
The Beginner’s Guide to Making Salads Less Boring
- Step 1: Pick your base – greens or grains.
- Step 2: Spice things up by adding in some fresh herbs or microgreens.
- Step 3: Load up on veggies.
- Step 4: Add fruit to your salad for a pop of flavor.
- Step 5: Add more protein (or not)
How do you present salad attractively?
Try them all!
- 1) Tall – when making a salad, think tall.
- 2) WIDE – With salads, using a big plate helps them spread out wide so you get a lot of “goodies” on the top.
- 3) Patterns – in this Fruit Yogurt Salad, we have used a spiral pattern.
- 4) Framed – it is good to frame your salad with chips, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
How do you arrange salads in a plate?
Guidelines for Arranging Salads
- Keep the salad off the rim of the plate. Think of the rim as a picture frame and arrange the salad within this frame.
- Strive for a good balance of colors.
- Height helps make a salad attractive.
- Cut ingredients neatly.
- Make every ingredient identifiable.
- Keep it simple.