When should I worry about my cat lethargic?
When Should You Call a Vet About Lethargy in Your Cat? Call your veterinarian immediately if your cat is extremely lethargic or if their lethargy occurs in combination with other serious symptoms like difficulty breathing or severe vomiting or diarrhea.
How can I help my cat with lethargy?
What You Can Do
- Observe your cat closely for other signs of illness.
- Allow your cat to rest quietly without being disturbed by people or other pets.
- Offer your cat some extra tasty or strong smelling canned foods (e.g., tuna or salmon), to entice him/her to eat more.
Why is my cat weak and lethargic?
If your cat seems to have low energy and isn’t as interested in their daily routines, they might be lethargic. Lethargy is a common symptom of many health problems, including kidney disease, diabetes, and food poisoning. It’s difficult to tell the cause without paying attention to the other signs.
How can you tell if cat has a fever?
Signs of a Fever in Cats
- Loss of appetite.
- Lack of energy or activity.
- Decreased drinking.
- Decreased grooming.
- Shivering or rapid breathing.
How do you comfort a sick cat?
Comforting Your Cat
- Keep her warm, with easy access to a cozy bed and/or a warm spot in the sun.
- Help her out with maintenance grooming by brushing her hair and cleaning up any messes.
- Offer foods with a strong odor to encourage her to eat.
- Make sure she has easy access to food, water, litter box, and sleeping spots.
How do you tell if a cat has a fever?
Signs That Your Cat May Have a Fever
- Lack of appetite.
- Weakness or lethargy.
- Rapid heart rate.
- Decreased activity.
How long does Covid last in cats?
In the naturally occurring case of feline COVID-19 from Belgium, the cat developed GI and respiratory problems and recovered within nine days. In the two cats from New York, both had mild respiratory illness and are expected to make a full recovery.
How did my indoor cat get FIP?
How is FIP Transmitted? The benign, or usually harmless, FECV lives in the cells of the intestinal tract and is shed in cats’ feces. Cats become infected after they ingest the virus when they groom or eat.