Where are MySQL error logs located?
The error, slow query, and binary logs are enabled by default, but the general query log is not enabled. The default location for each of the logs is the MySQL Data directory (C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server [version number]\Data\), and the default log names are based on the computer’s device name.
How do I find MySQL errors?
Viewing the Error Log with SQL Server Management Studio
- In the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, expand the SQL Server.
- In the Object Explorer, expand Management → SQL Server Logs.
- Choose the error log you want to see, for example the current log file.
Where are server error logs located?
The name and the location of the log is set by the ErrorLog command and the default apache access log file locations are: RHEL / Red Hat / CentOS / Fedora Linux Apache access log file location – /var/log/httpd/error_log. Debian / Ubuntu Linux Apache access log file location – /var/log/apache2/error. log.
How do I create an error log in MySQL?
To enable the log files, do the following:
- Create the /etc/my.cnf options file with the following definitions that enable the log files automatically: [mysqld] log-bin log log-error log-slow-queries.
- Stop and start the MySQL server to activate the changes to the /etc/my.
How do I check log errors?
For searching files, the command syntax you use is grep [options] [pattern] [file] , where “pattern” is what you want to search for. For example, to search for the word “error” in the log file, you would enter grep ‘error’ junglediskserver. log , and all lines that contain”error” will output to the screen.
How do I clear MySQL logs?
How to remove and purge old MySQL binary log files
- Step 1: Check binary logs size under the dump directory.
- Step 2:Connect DB and show MySQL binary logs.
- Step 3: Remove old Binary logs.
How do I find access logs?
Open an FTP client, set a new connection to your server, and then authorize with your login and password. After you have entered a server file directory, you can get your access logs. Here are the two most popular types of HTTP servers and locations where access logs can be found: Apache /var/log/access_log.
How do I disable MySQL logs?
To disable or enable the general query log or change the log file name at runtime, use the global general_log and general_log_file system variables. Set general_log to 0 (or OFF ) to disable the log or to 1 (or ON ) to enable it.
How do you access logs?
Double-click on the log file and it will likely open in a text program by default, or you can choose the program you’d like to use to open the file by using the right-click and “Open With” option. Another option is to use a web browser and open the server log file in HTML.