Which NHL records will never be broken?
Paul Coffey put up 138 points in 1985-86. The reason this is still considered an “unbreakable record” is that Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey were extremely special players. Only five defensemen in NHL history could even break the 100-point mark (Orr, Coffey, Al MacInnis, Brian Leetch, Denis Potvin).
What Gretzky records will never be broken?
1. 50 Goals in 39 Games. Although you could make the case that any one of these records listed in the top ten could be considered number one on this list, 50 goals in 39 games is the record that Gretzky has repeated that he takes the most pride in, and has said on record that it will be the toughest to break.
What is the top unbreakable record in sport?
The 20 Most Unbreakable Records In Professional Sports History
- Rickey Henderson—1406 stolen bases.
- Cal Ripken Jr.—2632 consecutive games played.
- Brett Favre—305 interceptions.
- Boston Celtics—eight consecutive championships.
- Joe DiMaggio–56 game hitting streak.
- Wilt Chamberlain—50.4 points per game in one season.
What NHL records does Wayne Gretzky hold?
Wayne Gretzky holds or shares 61 records listed in the League’s Official Guide and Record Book: 40 for the regular season, 15 for the Stanley Cup playoff and six for the All-Star Game. MOST GOALS, ONE SEASON, INCLUDING PLAYOFFS: 100 – 1983-84, 87 goals in 74 regular season games and 13 goals in 19 playoff games.
What records does Bobby Orr still hold?
He holds the record for most points and assists in a single season by a defenceman. Orr won a record eight consecutive Norris Trophies as the NHL’s best defenceman and three consecutive Hart Trophies as the league’s most valuable player (MVP)….Bobby Orr.
|Bobby Orr OC|
How many Gretzky records have been broken?
Since Wayne Gretzky’s retirement, two of his records have fallen and he has gained one record, leaving him with a new total of 60 official records.
Is 100 points in 53 games a record?
That it happened so quickly was astonishing: Connor McDavid reached 100 points in 53 games. Only four times has a player reached 100 points in fewer games in the past 30 years, and no one has done it in 25 years.
What is the longest held world record?
14,126. days, or 38 years and 8 months, is how long the Women’s 800 Metres world record has remained unbroken. It’s the longest standing world record, belonging to jarmila kratochvílová (TCH), whose mark of 1:53.28 has stood since 26 July 1983.
Who has the most records in sports history?
Untouchable: The Top Ten Most Unbreakable Records In Sports
- No. 8 – Johnny Vander Meer, MLB.
- No. 7 – Brett Favre, NFL.
- No. 6 – Pete Rose, MLB.
- No. 5 – Richard “Night Train” Lane, NFL.
- No. 4 – Wilt Chamberlian, NBA.
- No. 3 – Ricky Henderson, MLB.
- No. 2 – Jerry Rice, NFL.
- No. 1 – Tiger Woods.