Can you use witch hazel instead of alcohol to make hand sanitizer?
In place of alcohol as a base, you can use Witch Hazel which is great for killing off germs. It’s probably not quite as potent as say Vodka, but it does do some good! Also most people who want to use a homemade hand sanitizer for children prefer to use Witch Hazel rather than alcohol as a base.
How do you make sprayable hand sanitizer?
It’s actually pretty easy to make your own DIY Hand Sanitizer Spray, you’ll just need a few simple ingredients….What You’ll Need:
- 2 oz. Spray Bottles.
- 2 tbsp 91% Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol)
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel.
- 5 drops Tea Tree Oil.
- 10 drops Orange Essential Oil.
Is witch hazel an antibacterial cleanser?
“Witch hazel is an astringent with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties so it can effectively be used as a cleanser,” explains Engelman.
How do you make natural hand sanitizer without alcohol?
Here’s his recipe:
- Start with a 4 ounce spray bottle.
- Fill it about ¾ full with sterile water.
- Add 1 TBSP of aloe vera gel.
- Add 10 drops each of cinnamon, clove, rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils.
- Add 20 drops of either lemon, orange or grapefruit essential oil – whatever aroma fits your mood.
How do you make 70 alcohol hand sanitizer?
Can I use 70% rubbing alcohol when making homemade hand sanitizer?
- With 91% isopropyl alcohol, you need 2 parts alcohol to 1 part aloe vera gel, or a 2:1 ratio.
- When using 70% isopropyl alcohol, you will need 9 parts alcohol to 1 part aloe vera gel, or a 9:1 ratio.
Is witch hazel like rubbing alcohol?
It resembles a bottle of rubbing alcohol. Even some over-the-counter (OTC) creams and ointments contain witch hazel, such as those used for bug bites or hemorrhoids. Witch hazel is touted as a way to treat skin conditions that affect the face in lieu of a traditional astringent or toner.
How do you make hand sanitizer with jojoba oil?
2/3 cup isopropyl alcohol. 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. 1 teaspoon jojoba oil. 20 drops Thieves® essential oil blend….Directions:
- Add alcohol, aloe vera, and jojoba oil to a bowl.
- Add essential oils and mix well to combine.
- Store in travel-sized containers with a lid.
How do you make hand sanitizer spray with rubbing alcohol?
DIY Hand Sanitizer Spray (alcohol-based)
- Ingredients. 75 mL isopropyl alcohol (minimum 60%) 5 mL witch hazel. 5 mL vitamin E oil.
- Instructions. Using a basic kitchen scale, combine all your ingredients. Mix and pour into two 2-ounce spray bottles. Use when needed on your hands to disinfect.
- Notes. Shake well before each use.