How do I access sqlplus on Linux?
Do the following steps to start SQL*Plus and connect to the default database:
- Open a UNIX terminal.
- At the command-line prompt, enter the SQL*Plus command in the form: $> sqlplus.
- When prompted, enter your Oracle9i username and password.
- SQL*Plus starts and connects to the default database.
Can we use for loop in shell script?
A for loop is classified as an iteration statement i.e. it is the repetition of a process within a bash script. For example, you can run UNIX command or task 5 times or read and process list of files using a for loop. A for loop can be used at a shell prompt or within a shell script itself.
Where is sqlplus installed?
Doing dir /s /b sqlplus.exe will show you all the sqlplus.exe found under your current directory. To traverse your entire disk, you would either have to cd \ first, then dir /s /b sqlplus.exe OR as one step just dir /s /b c:\sqlplus.exe , which will search recursively from C:\ no matter what your present dir is.
What is sqlplus command in Unix?
Sqlplus is an Oracle command line utility which is used to execute SQL and PL/SQL commands. Connecting to sqlplus from UNIX box to retrieve data is one of the very common tasks and hence sqlplus becomes an important tool in shell scripting.
What is sqlplus command?
SQL*Plus is a command-line tool that provides access to the Oracle RDBMS. SQL*Plus enables you to: Enter SQL*Plus commands to configure the SQL*Plus environment. Startup and shutdown an Oracle database. Connect to an Oracle database.
Where is the sqlplus executable on Unix?
The SQL*Plus executable is usually installed in $ORACLE_HOME/bin, which is usually included in your operating system PATH environment variable.
How do I run a SQLPlus script from the command-line?
To run a script as you start SQL*Plus, use one of the following options:
- Follow the SQLPLUS command with your username, a slash, a space, @, and the name of the file: SQLPLUS HR @SALES. SQL*Plus starts, prompts for your password and runs the script.
- Include your username as the first line of the file.
How install SQLPlus on Linux?
Installing SQLplus on Linux
- Step 1: Download the Basic Package (ZIP) by using the following command:
- Step 2: Download the SQL*Plus Package (ZIP) by using the following command:
- Step 3: Make a new directory for the instant client.
- Step 4: Unzip the Basic Package in the newly-created directory.