How do I set up my MOBOTIX camera?
- Step 1: setup dynamic DNS. Go to dyndns.com and register an account with them.
- Step 2: configure camera. Enter the IP address of the camera into your web browser.
- Step 3: port forwarding.
- Step 4: (optional) mobotix camera setting up username and password for security.
- Step 5: set up end device.
What is MOBOTIX default password?
“meinsm“ is the factory default password for any MOBOTIX camera. The password of a Door Station corresponds with the Super PIN assigned when first starting up the system.
How do I reset my MOBOTIX camera without the admin password?
MOBOTIX has not way to access your password as there are no backdoors in our cameras. Therefore if you forget or lose your camera password please contact your installer/distributor to start an RMA process. They will require the camera’s factory ip address which can be found on a sticker to process the RMA.
How do I update my MOBOTIX firmware?
Upload the latest firmware to the camera
- Access the camera web interface and click on Admin menu.
- Click on Update System Software.
- Click on Choose File and select the downloaded file: MX_system_4_4273.mpl.
- Click on Start Software Update.
- As soon as the procedure ends click Reboot and then Reboot Now.
How do I view my MOBOTIX camera?
Enter the IP Address of the camera into a web browser and enter the camera’s Admin username and password. Click Login and this will launch the camera’s web GUI.
How do I find the IP address of my MOBOTIX camera?
All MOBOTIX factory IP addresses start with 10. Opening the link http://CAMERA-IP/control/camerainfo in your browser, where “http://CAMERA-IP” has to be changed to the currently used address of the camera and, if needed, the port and a https instead of http has to be added.
How do I reset my MOBOTIX camera?
Reset camera to factory default from the web interface
- Access the camera via browser.
- Open the Admin Menu and scroll down to the Configuration section and click on Reset configuration to factory defaults.
- A new window will be open.
- Click the Reset button.
- Camera has loaded the Factory defaults.
How do I reset my Mobotix camera?
How do I find the IP address of my Mobotix camera?
You can also find out the IP address of a Mobotix camera by holding down the ‘R’ button on the back of the camera.
What is MxPEG?
MxPEG is a video codec, and also a simple audio/video container format. MxPEG was developed by Mobotix in 2000. The goal was to have an encoder that could work on underpowered CPUs (for example, Intel StrongArm running at 206 MHz) and without any dedicated video compressing hardware.