How do you sell yourself at a career fair?
When introducing yourself at a job fair, consider following these tips:
- Dress professionally.
- Research in advance.
- Keep personal belongings in check.
- Use positive body language.
- Approach booths alone.
- Remember the GNAP acronym.
- Deliver the elevator pitch.
- Extend the conversation.
How do you write thank you email after career fair?
How to write a thank you email after a career fair
- Address your email to the right person.
- Reintroduce yourself.
- Thank them for their time and consideration.
- State your interest in joining their team.
- Politely suggest an informational meeting or interview.
- End with another thank you.
- Provide your contact information.
Can I wear jeans to a career fair?
For a more casual setting like meeting with a small business or a startup, khakis or dark wash jeans are appropriate as well. On top, a structured sweater, dressy blouse or a well-styled button down are all appropriate looks for a career fair.
How do I talk to a company at a career fair?
Start with a firm handshake and tell them your name, what you are studying, and year in school. Tell them you are glad to have the opportunity to talk with them about your career interests, and how your experience might fit in with their companies.
How do you end an email to a recruiter?
The Best Email Sign-Offs to an Employer
- – Best. “Best” is a shortened version of “best regards,” and is often thought of as the sender sending positive feelings (or wishes) to the recipient.
- – Best Regards.
- – Best Wishes.
- – Warm Regards.
- – Looking Forward.
- – Thank You (And Its Variations)
- – Sincerely.
- – Your Name.
When to send thank you email after career fair?
Send thank you emails to company representatives that you had meaningful conversations with. Do this soon, within 24 hours of the fair is best. Mention your school so the contact knows at which fair they met you. Include something you talked about together to help remind the company rep of who you are.