Is a distinction a first?
You may have noticed here that these MSc degree classifications do roughly look like undergraduate degree ones, and you’d be right – a distinction takes roughly the same marks as a first, a merit the same as a second class honours, upper division, and a pass the same as a second class honours, lower division.
Is WAM or GPA more important?
The GPA is an average of all grades you received in your course (e.g. high distinctions, distinctions, passes, fails and so on). The WAM is a more precise measurement of your academic performance because it’s an average of all of your actual marks (eg: 78, 85, 63, 48 etc.)
Is 75% a distinction?
4 When a student is awarded a final grade after undertaking a supplementary assessment no percentage is recorded….4.4 Grade parameters.
|Grade||Standard final mark parameters|
Is an 82 AB or C?
How to Convert Your GPA to a 4.0 Scale
|Letter Grade||Percent Grade||4.0 Scale|
Is 5.6 A good GPA?
7/7 is a good GPA. 6.0+ is good. 6.5+ imo is great.
Is distinction a good grade?
Distinction: A superior performance; mark range 75-84. Indicates that the student has demonstrated superior ability to consider the course and its assessment requirements from a number of perspectives and to explore their interrelation.
How do I get my transcripts from MQ?
Collect transcript in person
- Visit the payment portal to request and pay for your transcript.
- When collecting your transcript in person, ensure you bring a valid official form of photo identification, eg driver licence or passport.
- You can collect your Academic Transcript from Student Connect.
How do I pay MQ?
Log in to eStudent. Select ‘My Finances’. Select ‘Email my Statement of Outstanding Charges for the last 180 days’ (bottom of the page). Check your MQ student email for the document.
What is pass with merit?
Pass with Merit indicates the range of good achievement up to Pass with Distinction, which demonstrates an ability at Council of Europe Level B2. Level A2 covers the range of ability between weak and borderline. The total number of marks available in the examination is 100.
How do I find my GPA MQ?
Macquarie University International College GPA calculator
- Enter the total number of credit points of HD, D, Cr, P, F, FA and FW in each of the relevant boxes.
- Enter 0 in the boxes where you did not obtain any credit points in that grade.
- Click calculate and your GPA will be displayed.
Is distinction higher than merit?
the merit level is 60% or above. The boundary zone for the merit level is between 58% and 59.9%. the distinction level is 70% or above.
How do I defer SSAF MQ?
To defer the SSAF, eligible students must complete a separate ‘Request for SA-HELP Assistance’ form by the relevant census date. A HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP form does not cover the deferral of the SSAF. To lodge a SA-HELP eCAF please: Log in to eStudent.
What is a distinction average GPA?
Is 75 a good WAM?
If you’ve maintained a 75+ WAM into 3rd year, having done level 3 subjects, I’d say that’s very good indeed. I can tell you anecdotally that people seem to consider 85+ for an Arts essay to be ‘very very good’. If you extrapolate that’s even more impressive for a subject mark, and again even more so for a WAM.
How do you get high distinction?
5 Study Tips to Increase the Probability of Earning a First Class / Distinction
- Tip #1: Go to your lecturer’s “office hours” (the time they set aside to meet students, every week).
- Tip #2: Record the lectures.
- Tip #3: Read outside the norm.
- Tip #4: Practice as many questions as you can.
What is the mark for a distinction?
What the results mean
|Result code||Result name||Mark range|
|HD||High distinction||85 – 100|
|DI||Distinction||75 – 84|
|CR||Credit||65 – 74|
|PS||Pass||50 – 64|
How can I pass without studying?
12 Study Hacks To Pass Exams Without Studying
- Find a work place you prefer: Find a suitable work place that is comfortable and be ready to spend your last minute jitters there.
- Assemble your requirements and ditch your distractions: Be prepared with your paper, notes, text books, water bottle.
Is a distinction good?
8-10 – Distinction; 6.5-8 – Good; 5-6.5 – Intermediate; 3.5-5 – Insufficient; Lower than 3.5 – Fail; The grading may vary from school to school.
What is Nccw?
Not to Count for Credit With (NCCW)
What grade is a 3.1 GPA?
A 3.1 GPA, or Grade Point Average, is equivalent to a B letter grade on a 4.0 GPA scale, and a percentage grade of 83–86.