Is yes or no discrete or continuous?
Discrete data can be further sub-divided into three categories: binary, nominal and ordinal. Binary Data: A binary data only takes on two possible values. For example, lamp is on or lamp is off, answer is true or false, 0 or 1, yes or no etc.
How do you write results in qualitative research?
- Present results in tables and figures.
- Use text to introduce tables and figures and guide the reader through key results.
- Point out differences and relationships, and provide information about them.
- Include negative results (then try to explain them in the Discussion section/chapter)
How do you write a results section?
More Tips for Writing a Results Section
- Use the past tense. The results section should be written in the past tense.
- Be concise and objective. You will have the opportunity to give your own interpretations of the results in the discussion section.
- Use APA format.
- Visit your library.
- Get a second opinion.
How do you write a discussion chapter?
Discussion Chapter: Main Goals and Writing Approaches To do this, follow three important suggestions: Answer those questions posed in the introduction (central research questions) Show how the answers are supported by the results. Explain how the answers fit relative to the existing body of knowledge about the subject.
How do you write thesis statement results?
When writing a dissertation or thesis, the results and discussion sections can be both the most interesting as well as the most challenging sections to write….Discussion Section
- Interpret and explain your results.
- Answer your research question.
- Justify your approach.
- Critically evaluate your study.
How do you write the results of a chapter in a thesis?
The results chapter should objectively report the findings, presenting only brief observations in relation to each question, hypothesis or theme. It should not give an overall answer to the main research question or speculate on the meaning of the results.
How do you present qualitative and quantitative data?
3 Rules For Presenting Qualitative & Quantitative Data
- Know your audience.
- Use visuals such as charts, diagrams, and images whenever possible to make hard data more comprehensible.
- Provide a logical flow from quantitative to qualitative data so your audience can see how the numbers and interpretations are connected.
What better qualitative or quantitative?
Quantitative research is more preferred over qualitative research because it is more scientific, objective, fast, focused and acceptable. However, qualitative research is used when the researcher has no idea what to expect. It is used to define the problem or develop and approach to the problem.
Is a questionnaire a qualitative?
Questionnaires can be thought of as a kind of written interview. They can be carried out face to face, by telephone, computer or post. Often a questionnaire uses both open and closed questions to collect data. This is beneficial as it means both quantitative and qualitative data can be obtained.
How do you write a research result?
The results section of the research paper is where you report the findings of your study based upon the information gathered as a result of the methodology [or methodologies] you applied. The results section should simply state the findings, without bias or interpretation, and arranged in a logical sequence.
Is weight nominal or ordinal?
4. Nominal Ordinal Interval Ratio. Weight is measured on the ratio scale.
What do you call a yes no question?
In linguistics, a yes–no question, formally known as a polar question or a general question is a question whose expected answer is one of two choices, one that affirms the question and one that denies the question.
Is yes or no a Likert scale?
Learn when and how to use Likert scale survey questions That kind of question is known as a Likert scale. Likert scales are widely used to measure attitudes and opinions with a greater degree of nuance than a simple “yes/no” question.
What is a yes no scale called?
A nominal scale, as the name implies, is simply some placing of data into categories, without any order or structure. In research activities a YES/NO scale is nominal.
How do you present qualitative data?
Types of qualitative data include:
- Audio recordings and transcripts from in-depth or semi-structured interviews.
- Structured interview questionnaires containing substantial open comments including a substantial number of responses to open comment items.
- Audio recordings and transcripts from focus group sessions.
How do you mix qualitative and quantitative data?
It involves collecting both types of data at roughly the same time; assessing information using parallel constructs for both types of data; separately analyzing both types of data; and comparing results through procedures such as a side-by-side comparison in a discussion, transforming the qualitative data set into …
Why use both qualitative and quantitative methods?
Using a combination of qualitative and quantitative data can improve an evaluation by ensuring that the limitations of one type of data are balanced by the strengths of another. This will ensure that understanding is improved by integrating different ways of knowing.
What type of analysis is suitable for Yes No response?
Yes/No and Likert questions are great, the Yes/No question yields categorical (Nominal) data. More specifically Yes/No or Male/Female are a specific type of category called a dichotomous category, one that can take just one of two values.
How do you write results and discussion?
- Don t repeat results.
- Order simple to complex (building to conclusion); or may state conclusion first.
- Conclusion should be consistent with study objectives/research question.
- Emphasize what is new, different, or important about your results.
- Consider alternative explanations for the results.
- Limit speculation.
What should be included in a methods section?
The methods section should describe what was done to answer the research question, describe how it was done, justify the experimental design, and explain how the results were analyzed. Scientific writing is direct and orderly.
What type of data is yes or no questions?
Remember that nominal data are categorical data without any order of value. Two good examples of nominal data are “yes-no” and “true-false” answers on a survey. Chi-Square analyses can be either One-Way, with one independent variable, or Two-Way, with two independent variables.
What is a qualitative question?
qualitative questions, ask “why” in a way that is open-ended, giving respondents the space to provide greater detail about their motivations and reasoning in their own words. These responses are more difficult to analyze because, for the most part, the answers cannot be quantified using hard numbers.
What variable is yes or no?
One special variable type occurs when a variable has only two possible values. A variable is said to be Binary or Dichotomous, when there are only two possible levels. These variables can usually be phrased in a “yes/no” question. Whether nor not someone is a smoker is an example of a binary variable.