What are fun ways to practice spelling?
8 Fun Ways to Teach Spelling
- Create rhymes and raps using spelling.
- Create a spelling wall in the classroom.
- Make a fun crossword.
- Jumble word.
- Use arts and crafts to encourage spelling.
- Create a game of word bingo.
- Word heads.
- Build a word train.
What is a good spelling activity for?
Create A Puzzle: Write a word on paper and cut the letters into individual pieces (refrigerator magnets work great, too). Mix up the letters and have your child spell out the word by putting the letters in the correct order. This activity encourages: logic skills to determine the spelling of a word.
How do you play sparkle spelling?
How to Play the Sparkle Game
- Explain a memory verse, name a word, or a math problem—depending on which type of game selected.
- Arrange everyone in a circle or line, standing up, and facing the same direction.
- Choose one person to start the spelling.
- After the word has been spelled, the next person must say ‘Sparkle.
How do you play the game spelling?
What is this? Call out a clue to identify the spelling word. For example, “This word means…” or “Rhymes with …” The two players must then race to be the first to swat the correct word on the board. The winner must then turn away from the board and spell the word correctly to win a point for their team.
How do you practice children’s spelling words?
18 Ways to Practice Spelling Words
- Make a Spelling Word Origami Fortune Teller.
- Make and Use a “Word Catcher”
- Magnetic Letters, Alphabet Blocks, or Scrabble Pieces.
- Create Your Own Crossword Puzzle.
- Use Sensory Play.
- Play Spelling Word Memory.
- Trace the Words in Rainbow Colors.
- Let Your Child Text the Words to You.
How do you play around the world with spelling words?
The goal of the game is to spell out the words “Around the World.” Therefore, the first player must know how the game is played. Have all the players sit in a circle. Your players will be naming places they wish to visit. The first player names a place that starts with A, such as Australia.
How do you help kids remember spelling words?
Homeschooling – How to Teach Your Child Spelling Words
- Teach your child spelling words with ‘Lily Pad Letters’
- Use ‘Stair Steps’ to memorize certain words.
- Toss around the ‘Spelling Ball’
- Use magazine clippings to familiarize with letters.
- Play ‘Scrambled Spelling’ using alphabet blocks or fridge magnets.