What do you get someone going through a hard time?
How Can I Help? 23 Ways to Support Someone Going Through a Tough Time
- Chicken soup by mail. Forget Edible Arrangements.
- Cards and notes. There is never a bad time to send a card or thoughtful letter.
- Random jokes.
- Self care gifts.
- Group care packages.
- Gifts that solve a problem.
- Fun socks.
How do you make someone feel like they matter?
- Say “Thank You” Think about a time when you did something nice for someone and he or she never even acknowledged it with thanks.
- Focus on the Positive.
- Give Gifts.
- Speak Your Appreciation.
- Be a Hugger.
- Make Eye Contact.
- Brag in Public.
- Be Present.
How do you make someone feel loved and wanted?
70 Ways to Make Others Feel Special
- Pay Attention. Stop what you’re doing and look directly into their eyes when they’re talking.
- See Potential. Tell them you believe they can achieve their dream—and why.
- Give Generously. Give your time—to listen, to support, or to just enjoy each other’s company.
- Be Affectionate.
- Share Yourself.
- Do Together.
- Be Together.
What to say in return of thank you?
10 English Phrases for Responding to “Thank You”
- You’re welcome.
- No problem.
- No worries.
- Don’t mention it.
- My pleasure.
- It was the least I could do.
- Glad to help.
What are some positive things to say?
What to Say to Someone
- You are more fun than anyone or anything I know, including bubble wrap.
- You are the most perfect you there is.
- You are enough.
- You are one of the strongest people I know.
- You look great today.
- You have the best smile.
- Your outlook on life is amazing.
- You just light up the room.
How do you cheer someone up?
We could all use some cheering up – here are some ways to brighten your friends’ days!
- Send a cute animal photo.
- Plan a game night with a group.
- Reach out first.
- Do an extra chore.
- Send a motivational text.
- Watch a movie together.
- If you live near them, plan a socially distant outing!
- Send a letter.
How do you say thank you for forwarding a resume?
I look forward to the next steps in the hiring process. [Name] told me that they would be in touch in [timeframe]. If you would like, I will keep you posted. Again, thank you for your help.
How do you show someone their worth?
7 Ways To Help Others See Their Worth
- Take notes when others speak.
- Refer to a comment that the person made earlier in the conversation.
- If a person doesn’t finish a thought, ask him or her to pick it up again.
- Related: Small Talk Is the Worst.
- Use the person’s name — judiciously.