Where do I put keywords on YouTube?
Table of Contents
How to Add Keywords to YouTube
- In the upper right corner, click the “YouTube Studio” button.
- From the navigation panel on the left side, select “Settings.”
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Ensure you’re under the “Basic Info” tab.
- Here, you will see a box to add your keywords.
How do you define keywords?
Keywords are words or phrases that describe content. They can be used as metadata to describe images, text documents, database records, and Web pages. A user may “tag” pictures or text files with keywords that are relevant to their content.
How many YouTube keywords should I use?
When planning your YouTube keywords strategy, you want to come up with 10 to 20 single keyword tags that you want to try to rank for. Remember, since YouTube limits the number of tags you can include, add your most important keyword phrases first and then use specific multi-word tags that are easier to rank for.
How many hashtags should I use on YouTube?
Are tags and keywords the same?
What is the difference between a keyword and a tag? That’s a very good question. Theoretically, they are the same thing. The incredibly simplified answer to the question is: keywords are used to find things via search engines; tags are used to find things within your own blog.
How do I find low competition keywords on YouTube?
Those are keywords, or key phrases, with the most search volume as possible, versus keywords with as little video competition as possible, on YouTube. You can do this with the vidIQ keyword score tool. It tries to simplify this task, as much as possible – the higher the score, the juicier the keyword.
What should I write in channel keywords?
You first step is to identify words and phrases that describe your channel. These should be a mix of terms that you’re confident that describe your channel. And also a few popular keywords that you found from your video keyword research. You want to cover the breadth of the topics you cover without going overboard.
How do you write a channel description?
20 tips for writing effective YouTube descriptions
- Use specific keywords.
- Repeat your keywords.
- Find complementary keywords.
- Tell viewers what to expect.
- Write like a human.
- Front-load important information.
- Add links and metadata below the fold.
- Optimize for CTR (click-through-rate)
How do you increase views on YouTube?
More videos on YouTube
- Do your research, and improve your video’s search ranking.
- Increase your views with custom thumbnails.
- Multiply your views by creating playlists.
- Direct traffic to your videos using cards and end screens.
- Go beyond the how-to video (i.e., make videos no one else is making)
Do channel keywords matter?
Channel keywords are important visibility and ranking factors because they make it easier for viewers to find you. They also inform YouTube’s algorithm on categorizing your channel and content, which helps it determine what channels and videos to use to recommend your content in the “Suggested Videos” queue.