Which key can be used to indent a paragraph?
What does indent mean?
(Entry 1 of 4) transitive verb. 1 : to set (something, such as a line of a paragraph) in from the margin. 2 : to notch the edge of : make jagged.
What is the horizontal line in Word?
Use the Horizontal Line Tool to Insert a Line in Word By default, the Home tab is selected when you open a new or existing Word document. In the Paragraph group, select the Borders drop-down arrow and choose Horizontal Line. To change the look of the line, double-click the line in the document.
How do you add lines to a resume?
To add a line under a header or line of text, highlight the text and select the bottom border option under Paragraph/Borders. Another way is to Insert>Shapes>choose the Line shape and drag the line under the text from left to right.
How do I insert a vertical line in a Word document?
Vertical Lines in Word
- Display the Insert tab of the ribbon.
- Click the Shapes tool and then click one of the line shapes from the Line group.
- Click at one end of where you want your line, but don’t release the mouse button.
- Drag the mouse to where you want the other end of the line positioned.
- Release the mouse button.
What is positive indent?
Positive indentation is indentation which shrinks the text block; negative indentation is indentation which expands the text block.
How do I insert a line in Word 2013?
To add a line, follow these steps.
- On the Insert tab, select Shapes.
- Under Lines, select any line style you like.
- Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
How do you center and right justify on the same line?
Flush Left and Flush Right On the Same Line
- Make sure the paragraph is formatted as left-aligned.
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the small icon at the bottom-right of the Paragraph group.
- Click the Tabs button.
- What you want to do is to insert a right-aligned tab near the right edge of the line.
- In the Alignment area, click Right.
- Click on Set.
What is indentation and its types?
The “space” between the “text” and “left or right margin” within a document is called as “Indentation”. There are “four types” of indents available in MS word: Left indent: indicates space between the “paragraph” and the “left margin”. 2. Right indent: indicates space between the “paragraph” and the “right margin”.
What is the use of indent?
Updated: by Computer Hope. When referring to text, indent or indentation is the increase or decrease of space between the left and right margin of a paragraph. To indent text, move the cursor to the front of the line and press the Tab on the keyboard.
What are the three types of indents?
Indents. Word provides four types of indents: first line indent, hanging indent, right indent and left indent.
How do I insert a horizontal line in my email signature?
(1) In the Select Signature to edit section, select the specified signature you will add a horizontal line; (2) In the Edit signature section, put the cursor where you will add a horizontal line, and press the Ctrl + V to paste the horizontal line; (3) Click the OK button. 6.
What is indent the first line of each paragraph?
A first-line indent is the most common way to signal the start of a new paragraph. The other common way is with space between paragraphs. First-line indents and space between paragraphs have the same relationship as belts and suspenders. You only need one to get the job done.
What hanging indent looks like?
What does a hanging indent look like? The first line of your reference citation will line up with the left margin and each line after will be indented one-half inch from the left margin. It basically is opposite of a normal paragraph where you indent the first line.
How do I insert a horizontal line in Outlook?
First of all, place the cursor at the position where you will add a horizontal line, and then press the hyphens key (-) three times, and then press the Enter key, at last you will get a plain horizontal line in the email message.
What is indent in a paragraph?
In a composition, an indentation is a blank space between a margin and the beginning of a line of text. The beginning of this paragraph is indented. Standard paragraph indentation is about five spaces or one-quarter to one-half of an inch, depending on which style guide you follow.
What is indent example?
The definition of an indent is a space that is left when a block of text has been spaced inward further than surrounding text. A space left when you “tab” to move text inward in a word processing program is an example of an indent.
How do I get rid of a horizontal line in Outlook?
Remove a horizontal line Place the cursor immediately above the horizontal line. On the Format Text tab, click the arrow next to the Borders and Shading button, and click No Border.
How many types of indentation are there?
four different types
What is a hanging indent?
A Hanging indent, also known as a second line indent, sets off the first line of a paragraph by positioning it at the margin, and then indenting each subsequent line of the paragraph.
What is the space before a paragraph called?